The Wisconsin Geocaching Association

  Login or Register

Website Navigation

62.png Home

49.png Information Center
26.png WGA Newsletters
24.png Reviewer's Words
53.png Presentation Resources
39.png Geocaching Files
27.png Bookmarks
56.png Location Rules and Regs
49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors
 
Contact Us

 
Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

 
Follow Us

Twitter Button

 
Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
 
Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax
 
COTM
Winner -
September 2014 Northern Zone:
Bunyan's Bowling Ball

Winner -
September 2014 Northeast Zone:
Gardner Swamp Thing

Winner -
September 2014 West Central Zone:
Upper Dells SNA

Winner -
September 2014 South Central Zone:
Old Meets New

Winner -
September 2014 Southeast Zone:

Winner -
September 2014 Series of the Month:
Meet the WGA series


More Info >>>

 
 
Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Mister Greenthumb
WGA Member



Joined: 2007-02-03
Posts: 2736

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm!
 
View user's profile Send private message
Lacknothing
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-04
Posts: 2554

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mister Greenthumb wrote:
Hmm!


Double hmmm
 
View user's profile Send private message
Lacknothing
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-04
Posts: 2554

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JimandLinda wrote:
Just got an SOS from the field! Missing WP. Glad I could help!


I am quite glad you could help also! Very Happy
 
View user's profile Send private message
Lacknothing
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-04
Posts: 2554

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

CodeJunkie wrote:
Went for a run this morning and it was a balmy 20 when I left and 19 when I got back. Legs were pretty cool but core was more than warm. Good thing it's dark because the attire would probably scare normal folks. Haven't found running pants I like so its driwick long johns under the shorts. Thankfully they're black and look like runners tights but I don't think they're going to be effective below 15.


Try Kohls. You can generally get running stuff there and they are always having a sale. I layer two on the bottom when running in cold weather and generally the same on the top. Running gloves and a headband and I am good to go. If I need more than that, it is just too cold to be running outside. It hurts to breathe if it gets too cold.
 
View user's profile Send private message
Lacknothing
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-04
Posts: 2554

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

neonride93 wrote:
CodeJunkie wrote:
neonride93 wrote:
CodeJunkie wrote:
Went for a run this morning and it was a balmy 20 when I left and 19 when I got back. Legs were pretty cool but core was more than warm. Good thing it's dark because the attire would probably scare normal folks. Haven't found running pants I like so its driwick long johns under the shorts. Thankfully they're black and look like runners tights but I don't think they're going to be effective below 15.


WI I was this dedicated.... It is too cool eve too stop at kwick trip for my daily donut

Down 28 pounds and have kicked the daily donut habit. Subway once a week for lunch though which is right down the street. wink


I have discovered Gryos and More... That is a bad twice a week habit


That is awesome CJ and not so awesome nr93
 
View user's profile Send private message
neonride93
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-03-13
Posts: 414
Location: Appleton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lacknothing wrote:
neonride93 wrote:
CodeJunkie wrote:
neonride93 wrote:
CodeJunkie wrote:
Went for a run this morning and it was a balmy 20 when I left and 19 when I got back. Legs were pretty cool but core was more than warm. Good thing it's dark because the attire would probably scare normal folks. Haven't found running pants I like so its driwick long johns under the shorts. Thankfully they're black and look like runners tights but I don't think they're going to be effective below 15.


WI I was this dedicated.... It is too cool eve too stop at kwick trip for my daily donut

Down 28 pounds and have kicked the daily donut habit. Subway once a week for lunch though which is right down the street. wink


I have discovered Gryos and More... That is a bad twice a week habit


That is awesome CJ and not so awesome nr93

But gyros are double awesome!

_________________
Finding Caches - Scanning Munzees 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Walkingadventure
WGA President
WGA President



Joined: 2009-05-06
Posts: 2791
Location: Neenah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lacknothing wrote:
CodeJunkie wrote:
Went for a run this morning and it was a balmy 20 when I left and 19 when I got back. Legs were pretty cool but core was more than warm. Good thing it's dark because the attire would probably scare normal folks. Haven't found running pants I like so its driwick long johns under the shorts. Thankfully they're black and look like runners tights but I don't think they're going to be effective below 15.


Try Kohls. You can generally get running stuff there and they are always having a sale. I layer two on the bottom when running in cold weather and generally the same on the top. Running gloves and a headband and I am good to go. If I need more than that, it is just too cold to be running outside. It hurts to breathe if it gets too cold.


I went to the house of the Smileys for mine. Too cheap for others. The sporting place at the mall is waaaay too expensive. When it gets really cold (~10 degrees) I wear running gloves. A hat is only good for about 1/2 mile before I get too hot. Gloves are good only for a mile and then the hands are sweating and they come off.

_________________
Signals from space make me wander in circles

The posts and opinions shared here are solely that of the individual and do not reflect the beliefs of the WGA Board of Directors. 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lacknothing
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-04
Posts: 2554

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Walkingadventure wrote:
Lacknothing wrote:
CodeJunkie wrote:
Went for a run this morning and it was a balmy 20 when I left and 19 when I got back. Legs were pretty cool but core was more than warm. Good thing it's dark because the attire would probably scare normal folks. Haven't found running pants I like so its driwick long johns under the shorts. Thankfully they're black and look like runners tights but I don't think they're going to be effective below 15.


Try Kohls. You can generally get running stuff there and they are always having a sale. I layer two on the bottom when running in cold weather and generally the same on the top. Running gloves and a headband and I am good to go. If I need more than that, it is just too cold to be running outside. It hurts to breathe if it gets too cold.


I went to the house of the Smileys for mine. Too cheap for others. The sporting place at the mall is waaaay too expensive. When it gets really cold (~10 degrees) I wear running gloves. A hat is only good for about 1/2 mile before I get too hot. Gloves are good only for a mile and then the hands are sweating and they come off.


Of course, you must understand that WA is a running machine. When I run the same races as he does, all I get to do is eat his dust. He is just that fast....In fact, sometimes, I am so far behind him that the dust settles before I can eat it. Now that is FAST!
 
View user's profile Send private message
CodeJunkie
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-21
Posts: 8237
Location: Berlin, WI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

neonride93 wrote:
I have discovered Gryos and More... That is a bad twice a week habit

Eat 3 larges in 30 minutes and it's a free meal.
 
View user's profile Send private message
neonride93
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-03-13
Posts: 414
Location: Appleton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

CodeJunkie wrote:
neonride93 wrote:
I have discovered Gryos and More... That is a bad twice a week habit

Eat 3 larges in 30 minutes and it's a free meal.

Yeah a small kicks my ass so not going to try that anytime soon.

_________________
Finding Caches - Scanning Munzees 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CodeJunkie
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-21
Posts: 8237
Location: Berlin, WI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lacknothing wrote:
CodeJunkie wrote:
Went for a run this morning and it was a balmy 20 when I left and 19 when I got back. Legs were pretty cool but core was more than warm. Good thing it's dark because the attire would probably scare normal folks. Haven't found running pants I like so its driwick long johns under the shorts. Thankfully they're black and look like runners tights but I don't think they're going to be effective below 15.


Try Kohls. You can generally get running stuff there and they are always having a sale. I layer two on the bottom when running in cold weather and generally the same on the top. Running gloves and a headband and I am good to go. If I need more than that, it is just too cold to be running outside. It hurts to breathe if it gets too cold.

Tried kohls the other night but didn't feel right in the "fitted" pants (ie men in tights look). Tried a few other pairs of running pants and just didn't seem like they'd be comfortable to run in. Maybe another trip some day to try again. The "smiley" store may work but I need to find a brand / model / size first.

Gloves - so far just cheap jersey gloves. Relatively warm once you get moving without being bulky. Easy to remove and carry in your hand or stuff in the jacket pocket.

Phone armband - $9.95 generic model from Wally's world designed for the new larger smartphones. My iphone w/ case fits in perfectly. Reflective also which makes it great for the early am runs.

For a relatively "cheap" sport there sure are plenty of things to spend money on.
 
View user's profile Send private message
CodeJunkie
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-21
Posts: 8237
Location: Berlin, WI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The new coffee travel mug should arrive tomorrow. Thermos brand vacuum insulated model. Hoping it works as specified (keeps drinks hot for 5+ hours)
 
View user's profile Send private message
Walkingadventure
WGA President
WGA President



Joined: 2009-05-06
Posts: 2791
Location: Neenah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lacknothing wrote:
Of course, you must understand that WA is a running machine. When I run the same races as he does, all I get to do is eat his dust. He is just that fast....In fact, sometimes, I am so far behind him that the dust settles before I can eat it. Now that is FAST!


Bleh... Big Grin

I have been told it is nonnegotiable that when wearing running tights shorts have to be worn over them.

_________________
Signals from space make me wander in circles

The posts and opinions shared here are solely that of the individual and do not reflect the beliefs of the WGA Board of Directors. 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lacknothing
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-04
Posts: 2554

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Walkingadventure wrote:
Lacknothing wrote:
Of course, you must understand that WA is a running machine. When I run the same races as he does, all I get to do is eat his dust. He is just that fast....In fact, sometimes, I am so far behind him that the dust settles before I can eat it. Now that is FAST!


Bleh... Big Grin

I have been told it is nonnegotiable that when wearing running tights shorts have to be worn over them.


It is non-negotiable...unless you want to be arrested or something like that.
 
View user's profile Send private message
Lacknothing
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-04
Posts: 2554

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

:ltp:
 
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2008 phpBB Group
:: Theme & Graphics by Daz :: Ported for PHP-Nuke by nukemods.com ::
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©
 
Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Parental Consent Form | contact | Comments ]

All content © 2013 Wisconsin Geocaching Association, except comments and forum entries which are property of their posters.

The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a registered trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission.
 


Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the WGA Terms of Use


Distributed by Raven PHP Scripts
New code written and maintained by the RavenNuke™ TEAM


(Original PHP-Nuke Code Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi)
Page Generation: 2.08 Seconds

:: fisubice phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by www.nukemods.com ::
:: fisubice Theme Recoded To 100% W3C CSS & HTML 4.01 Transitional & XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance by RavenNuke™ TEAM ::

:: W3C CSS Compliance Validation :: W3C HTML 4.01 Transitional Compliance Validation :: W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance Validation ::