The Wisconsin Geocaching Association

  Login or Register

Website Navigation

62.png Home

49.png Information Center
26.png WGA Newsletters
24.png Reviewer's Words
53.png Presentation Resources
39.png Geocaching Files
27.png Bookmarks
56.png Location Rules and Regs
49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors
 
Contact Us

 
Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

 
Follow Us

Twitter Button

 
Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
 
Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax
 
COTM
Winner -
September 2014 Northern Zone:
Bunyan's Bowling Ball

Winner -
September 2014 Northeast Zone:
Gardner Swamp Thing

Winner -
September 2014 West Central Zone:
Upper Dells SNA

Winner -
September 2014 South Central Zone:
Old Meets New

Winner -
September 2014 Southeast Zone:

Winner -
September 2014 Series of the Month:
Meet the WGA series


More Info >>>

 
 
Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
CodeJunkie
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-21
Posts: 8237
Location: Berlin, WI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FTP
 
View user's profile Send private message
Chatauqua560
WGA Member



Joined: 2011-02-22
Posts: 2477
Location: Ripon WI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like cost cutting, CJ, and not reading the book on how to address a formal invitation (if you could call it that). The one we got last week at least had a RSVP card in it. The invite was just a post card type also.

_________________
MapQuest and Google maps really need to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure everyone knows how to get out of their own neighborhood. 
View user's profile Send private message
JimandLinda
WGA Member



Joined: 2008-08-14
Posts: 5422
Location: Rosendale WI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

FTP 4 Monday! Cool
 
View user's profile Send private message
Lacknothing
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-04
Posts: 2554

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

CodeJunkie wrote:
Am I "old school"?

We just got a wedding invite (from my niece).

1) It's a postcard (I'm used to more traditional invites with an RSVP card included)
2) RSVP is via a website
3) No Mr. & Mrs., but my wifes first name and my first name (in that order even though I'm the uncle)
4) The wedding ceremony invite is a small sticker attached to the postcard


It is 2013 Ed....times are changing! Everything is going online. It is actually very efficient! Our son just got married in December. Invites mailed, but all RSVPing was done online. On order of names on postcard....seems odd...but just not the same protocol that has been traditional in the past...

Wait until your daughters get married. Who knows how that will all work then?! Be flexible!
 
View user's profile Send private message
beccaday
WGA Secretary
WGA Secretary



Joined: 2010-09-22
Posts: 3847
Location: Waukesha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lacknothing wrote:
CodeJunkie wrote:
Am I "old school"?

We just got a wedding invite (from my niece).

1) It's a postcard (I'm used to more traditional invites with an RSVP card included)
2) RSVP is via a website
3) No Mr. & Mrs., but my wifes first name and my first name (in that order even though I'm the uncle)
4) The wedding ceremony invite is a small sticker attached to the postcard


It is 2013 Ed....times are changing! Everything is going online. It is actually very efficient! Our son just got married in December. Invites mailed, but all RSVPing was done online. On order of names on postcard....seems odd...but just not the same protocol that has been traditional in the past...

Wait until your daughters get married. Who knows how that will all work then?! Be flexible!


At least there's no "M" on there, I despise that stupid little M on wedding reply cards.
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mongo1965
WGA Member



Joined: 2010-08-22
Posts: 800
Location: Rhinelander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

On this day in 1813, The first U.S. flag flown in battle was on the frigate Essex in the Pacific.
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
huffinpuffin2
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-17
Posts: 2648
Location: Puffindoofer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

mongo1965 wrote:
On this day in 1813, The first U.S. flag flown in battle was on the frigate Essex in the Pacific.


Read an interesting book about this frigate. Times have certainly changed.

Image
 
View user's profile Send private message
Braid Beards Gang
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-28
Posts: 5095
Location: Milwaukee, WI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

There is a robin sitting in the tree outside my window. A welcomed sight, it is.

_________________
Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late - Jimmy Buffett 
View user's profile Send private message
Hitman4
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-10-31
Posts: 1454
Location: Appleton, WI.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

beccaday wrote:
Lacknothing wrote:
CodeJunkie wrote:
Am I "old school"?

We just got a wedding invite (from my niece).

1) It's a postcard (I'm used to more traditional invites with an RSVP card included)
2) RSVP is via a website
3) No Mr. & Mrs., but my wifes first name and my first name (in that order even though I'm the uncle)
4) The wedding ceremony invite is a small sticker attached to the postcard


It is 2013 Ed....times are changing! Everything is going online. It is actually very efficient! Our son just got married in December. Invites mailed, but all RSVPing was done online. On order of names on postcard....seems odd...but just not the same protocol that has been traditional in the past...

Wait until your daughters get married. Who knows how that will all work then?! Be flexible!


At least there's no "M" on there, I despise that stupid little M on wedding reply cards.



I like that little M. I enjoy adding the r. and Mrs. after it. Very Happy
Doesn't take much for me to get excited. Laughing

_________________
Don\'t look back...
The Hit Squad is behind you! 
View user's profile Send private message
Chatauqua560
WGA Member



Joined: 2011-02-22
Posts: 2477
Location: Ripon WI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of RSVPing online but what about the ppl who don't have/use computers? But like Lacknothing says "Times are changing".

_________________
MapQuest and Google maps really need to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure everyone knows how to get out of their own neighborhood. 
View user's profile Send private message
mongo1965
WGA Member



Joined: 2010-08-22
Posts: 800
Location: Rhinelander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

yeah get to go back to work today. Even though doc cleared me for full duty boss is putting me on light for now but at least I'm back working
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lone_gunman
WGA Member



Joined: 2008-04-12
Posts: 1928
Location: The Grassy Knoll, WI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy folks

_________________
There is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later.

What\'s life? Life\'s easy. A quirk of matter. Nature\'s way of keeping meat fresh 
View user's profile Send private message
labrat_wr
WGA Vice-President
WGA Vice-President



Joined: 2007-05-19
Posts: 6106
Location: The Wildside

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just use Twitter to RSVP

_________________
Operor vel Operor Non , Illic Est Haud Tendo

All forum posts are the thoughts and opinions of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of the WGA Board of Directors 
View user's profile Send private message
RSplash40
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-12-23
Posts: 6261

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

isn't twitter so last decade?

_________________
Accosting pine tree\'s and rendering caches harmless since 2005.... 
View user's profile Send private message
CodeJunkie
WGA Member



Joined: 2009-07-21
Posts: 8237
Location: Berlin, WI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder what would happen if I sent out the weblink and 100's of people they don't even know started to RSVP?
 
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2008 phpBB Group
:: Theme & Graphics by Daz :: Ported for PHP-Nuke by nukemods.com ::
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©
 
Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Parental Consent Form | contact | Comments ]

All content © 2013 Wisconsin Geocaching Association, except comments and forum entries which are property of their posters.

The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a registered trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission.
 


Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the WGA Terms of Use


Distributed by Raven PHP Scripts
New code written and maintained by the RavenNuke™ TEAM


(Original PHP-Nuke Code Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi)
Page Generation: 3.41 Seconds

:: fisubice phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by www.nukemods.com ::
:: fisubice Theme Recoded To 100% W3C CSS & HTML 4.01 Transitional & XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance by RavenNuke™ TEAM ::

:: W3C CSS Compliance Validation :: W3C HTML 4.01 Transitional Compliance Validation :: W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance Validation ::