The Wisconsin Geocaching Association

  Login or Register

Website Navigation

62.png Home

49.png Information Center
26.png WGA Newsletters
24.png Reviewer's Words
53.png Presentation Resources
39.png Geocaching Files
27.png Bookmarks
56.png Location Rules and Regs
49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors
 
Contact Us

 
Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

 
Follow Us

Twitter Button

 
Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
 
Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax
 
COTM
Winner -
August 2014 Northern Zone:
WSQ Gordon Cemetery

Winner -
August 2014 Northeast Zone:
Trout Haven

Winner -
August 2014 West Central Zone:
WISCONSIN DELORME CHALLENGE

Winner -
August 2014 South Central Zone:
Capitol Punishment

Winner -
August 2014 Southeast Zone:
Wisconsin Homestead - Emslie Farm

Winner -
August 2014 Series of the Month:
Classic Childrens Books


More Info >>>

 
 
Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
RSplash40
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-12-23
Posts: 6259

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of trucks rolling thru with dozens of perfectly good cache locations in them cut down long before their prime!

Stop the insanity!! Vote artificial!!

_________________
Accosting pine tree\'s and rendering caches harmless since 2005.... 
View user's profile Send private message
Trekkin and Birdin
WGA Member



Joined: 2007-02-08
Posts: 6032
Location: West Salem WI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, the less of those cache locations available, the better!

_________________
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Let's just go out and find caches and be done with it! 
View user's profile Send private message
sandlanders
WGA Member



Joined: 2008-01-18
Posts: 19308
Location: Adams, WI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Splash... Those trees are better off now. They were raised in cramped quarters and were never going to hold any geocaches. They were attacked by machetes every year of their young lives. They are now out of their misery.

If it makes you feel any better, though, we went artificial around the turn of the century.

_________________
more posts than finds... 
View user's profile Send private message
CacheNoTrace
WGA Member



Joined: 2010-03-11
Posts: 2336
Location: Rothschild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

sandlanders wrote:
Splash... Those trees are better off now. They were raised in cramped quarters and were never going to hold any geocaches. They were attacked by machetes every year of their young lives. They are now out of their misery.

If it makes you feel any better, though, we went artificial around the turn of the century.


the 19th century??? Never knew they had artificial wayyyyyyy back then! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

JUST KIDDING! Very Happy
 
View user's profile Send private message
BigJim60
WGA Member



Joined: 2010-01-02
Posts: 7222
Location: Auburndale, WI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, David, are you in trouble now Shocked

_________________
BigJim
There are three kinds of people in this world ... the wee, the not-so-wee, and the frickin huge. 
View user's profile Send private message
CacheNoTrace
WGA Member



Joined: 2010-03-11
Posts: 2336
Location: Rothschild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

BigJim60 wrote:
Oh, David, are you in trouble now Shocked


I know, but I couldn't resist! LMAO!
 
View user's profile Send private message
BigJim60
WGA Member



Joined: 2010-01-02
Posts: 7222
Location: Auburndale, WI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And, Splash, I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER have an artificial tree in my house. But the trees that I harvest for Christmas trees are ones that would never hide a cache anyway (because there is another cache within 1/10 mile).

_________________
BigJim
There are three kinds of people in this world ... the wee, the not-so-wee, and the frickin huge. 
View user's profile Send private message
CacheNoTrace
WGA Member



Joined: 2010-03-11
Posts: 2336
Location: Rothschild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

BigJim60 wrote:
And, Splash, I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER have an artificial tree in my house. But the trees that I harvest for Christmas trees are ones that would never hide a cache anyway (because there is another cache within 1/10 mile).


Speaking of new caches, I hid a new one today..... (right under Jim's deer stand) Laughing
 
View user's profile Send private message
Trekkin and Birdin
WGA Member



Joined: 2007-02-08
Posts: 6032
Location: West Salem WI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We hid one in a Christmas tree today, too. But it will go unpublished until our next trip north. See "what are the odds" whining in the useless drivel thread.

_________________
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Let's just go out and find caches and be done with it! 
View user's profile Send private message
Mathman
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-07-31
Posts: 2529
Location: Weston, WI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RSplash40 wrote:
Lots of trucks rolling thru with dozens of perfectly good cache locations in them cut down long before their prime!

Stop the insanity!! Vote artificial!!


Hmmmmmmmmm... I seem to recall that you Mr. Rsplash40 had a REAL tree last year and I have heard rumblings that you will again this year.

_________________
Infinity is a floorless room without walls or a ceiling. 
View user's profile Send private message
RSplash40
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-12-23
Posts: 6259

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mathman wrote:
RSplash40 wrote:
Lots of trucks rolling thru with dozens of perfectly good cache locations in them cut down long before their prime!

Stop the insanity!! Vote artificial!!


Hmmmmmmmmm... I seem to recall that you Mr. Rsplash40 had a REAL tree last year and I have heard rumblings that you will again this year.


Hey, I only said VOTE artificial, not that you had to BUY one... just sayin...

_________________
Accosting pine tree\'s and rendering caches harmless since 2005.... 
View user's profile Send private message
CacheNoTrace
WGA Member



Joined: 2010-03-11
Posts: 2336
Location: Rothschild

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RSplash40 wrote:
Mathman wrote:
RSplash40 wrote:
Lots of trucks rolling thru with dozens of perfectly good cache locations in them cut down long before their prime!

Stop the insanity!! Vote artificial!!


Hmmmmmmmmm... I seem to recall that you Mr. Rsplash40 had a REAL tree last year and I have heard rumblings that you will again this year.


Hey, I only said VOTE artificial, not that you had to BUY one... just sayin...


I hope you don't miss the tree I cut down to much..... looks nice in my frontroom! And yes, I left no trace! Twisted Evil
 
View user's profile Send private message
RSplash40
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-12-23
Posts: 6259

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

CacheNoTrace wrote:


I hope you don't miss the tree I cut down to much..... looks nice in my frontroom! And yes, I left no trace! Twisted Evil


Ok, Jim you want to take this one or should I?

_________________
Accosting pine tree\'s and rendering caches harmless since 2005.... 
View user's profile Send private message
BigJim60
WGA Member



Joined: 2010-01-02
Posts: 7222
Location: Auburndale, WI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna pass on this one Rolling Eyes

_________________
BigJim
There are three kinds of people in this world ... the wee, the not-so-wee, and the frickin huge. 
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2008 phpBB Group
:: Theme & Graphics by Daz :: Ported for PHP-Nuke by nukemods.com ::
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©
 
Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Parental Consent Form | contact | Comments ]

All content © 2013 Wisconsin Geocaching Association, except comments and forum entries which are property of their posters.

The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a registered trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission.
 


Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the WGA Terms of Use


Distributed by Raven PHP Scripts
New code written and maintained by the RavenNuke™ TEAM


(Original PHP-Nuke Code Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi)
Page Generation: 0.12 Seconds

:: fisubice phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by www.nukemods.com ::
:: fisubice Theme Recoded To 100% W3C CSS & HTML 4.01 Transitional & XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance by RavenNuke™ TEAM ::

:: W3C CSS Compliance Validation :: W3C HTML 4.01 Transitional Compliance Validation :: W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance Validation ::