Date/Time: February 25, 2012 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: Horicon International Education Center, Horicon, Wi
Description: 3rd Annual WGA Winter Event
Cost: $1 per bowl There is no charge to attend the event.
Chili Feed & Potluck - The WGA will be making a large quantity of chili. (This will be "normal" chili with meat in it. Nothing super hot, spicy, or exotic.) Just a buck a bowl! We will also have hot beverages (coffee, cocoa, and tea), water, and will provide all necessary tableware (plates, cups, plasticware).
We are asking participants to bring a dish to pass / share based on the first letter of their last name as follows:
- Last name A-H: chips, pretzels, and/or snacks
- Last name I-P: cookies, cakes or desserts
- Last name Q-Z: salad, fruit, and/or vegetables
The chili will be available starting around 11:00 am until the event ends at 3:30 pm
Bonfire - We expect most of the participants will hang around outside at our large bonfire. Benches may be available for sitting around the fire, but you may want to bring your own lawn chairs just in case..
Hiking/snowshoeing - There will be snowshoes available for use on the miles of trails available at the HMIEC
Permanent Geocaches - As always, hunting permanent caches in the local area is encouraged. There are about 60 caches/earthcaches within a 5 mile radius of the event location
Meet The 2012 WGA Board - Newly elected members of the WGA Board of Directors will be announced in mid-February, and we expect most or all of them to be at the event. If you have any ideas / suggestions for the organization, this would be a good time to share them... the Board will having their annual "kickoff" meeting the next day.
WGA Merchandise - WGA T-Shirts and 2011 WGA Geocoins will be available for purchase at this event. This may be the last chance to add this beautiful geocoin to your collection.
WGA nametags will be printed for members that request them on our registration page. If you have a current WGA nametag, please do not request another one.
- Pre-registration is optional, but helps us with planning. Please visit our registration page on Wisconsin Geocaching Association
- Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted at the HMIEC
- Park only in designated areas
- No dogs or other pets allowed inside the Education center (except for guide dogs). Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
- WGA sponsored events are to be logged only once.
The WGA would like to acknowledge the Friends of Horicon Marsh for their ongoing efforts in maintaining this habitat and the Horicon Marsh International Education Center