2005 WGA Geo-Campout|
Join us for a fun weekend of caching and camaraderie!
||May 20, 2005 to May 22, 2005
||Lake Wissota State Park
||Register now for the 4th annual WGA campout!
N 44 58.843 W091 18.273
Group campground 1:
N 44 57.725 W091 17.080
Group campground 2:
N 44 57.710 W091 17.018
Riverview Pavilion parking:
N 44 57.584 W091 17.415
N 44 57.550 W091 17.396
|Caching Events: Free
Camping at Group Sites: $8/night
(Donations will be accepted)
- The WGA has reserved 2 group campsites for the event. We can accommodate 180 campers or 60 tents. Reservations for camping at the group campsite are on a first-come, first-serve basis. The WGA is charging a fee of $8/night per group (individual, couple, or family unit) for those camping at the group sites to cover the costs of reserving sites. Camping fees must be paid in advance through the WGA Store.
- Campers and RVs are not allowed in the group sites. If you wish to bring your camper or RV to the park, you can reserve private campsites through Reserve America.
- This is a family event, all participants are requested to act accordingly.
- Standard State Park pet rules apply. Check them out here.
- Quiet-time throughout the park is 11pm to 6am.
- Those attending are responsible for their own meals, beverages, and camping gear.
- Friday Night Geocaching puzzle/game will be hosted by Team CacheCows. Their Friday night puzzler is always a hit. Geocachers can hunt for these temp caches at your leisure.
- Daytime caching events to be held Saturday at the Caching Base (Shelter TBD) from 9am to 5pm
- Night caching events to be held Saturday at group campsites starting at dark.
- The WGA is sponsoring a pancake breakfast at the group campsites on Sunday morning, May 22. Menu will include pancakes, sausage, juice, and milk. Cost is $4 for adults (greater than 12 years old), $2 for children 6-12, and free for children under 6. Breakfast fees will be collected on Sunday morning (no advance payment required).
- A Wisconsin DNR sticker is required. (Daily stickers may be purchased at park entrance.)