The WGA has chosen to return to Hartman Creek State Park in Waupaca County for the 2007 Geo-Campout. This park was the site of the 2004 Geo-Campout, and boasts 1,417 acres, 7 lakes, and 10 miles of hiking trails.
Permission to hold the event has been obtained from the park manager, and two large group campsites that can accommodate 100 campers have been reserved. The activities that will be held over the weekend are still being planned, but they will certainly include a campfire / socializing on Friday night, hunting temporary caches during the day Saturday, and night caching Saturday night.
- The WGA has reserved 2 group campsites for the event. We can accommodate 100 campers or 40 tents. Reservations for camping at the group campsite are on a first-come, first-serve basis. The WGA is charging a fee of $10/night per group (individual, couple, or family unit) for those camping at the group sites to cover the costs of reserving sites. Camping fees must be paid in advance through the WGA Store.
Note (5/9/2007): We are no longer accepting registrations for camping at the group
sites as we are out of space. If you want to camp at the park over the weekend,
please make your reservations with Reserve America for the family campground.
- Campers and RVs are not allowed in the group sites. If you wish to bring your camper or RV to the park, you can reserve private campsites through Reserve America.
- This is a family event, all participants are requested to act accordingly.
- Standard State Park pet rules apply. Check them out here.
- Those attending are responsible for their own meals, beverages, and camping gear.
- Bring FRS radios if you have them. WGA will be monitoring FRS channel 12 and running our FRS repeater as usual.
- A Wisconsin DNR sticker is required. (Daily stickers may be purchased at park entrance.)